Saturday, December 22, 2007

Poor Sick Nathan (positive thoughts & prayers appreciated!)

(Friday Morning)

I haven't talked a lot about what is going on with Nathan lately... I guess it's one of those, if you don't talk about it - it'll hopefully go away type things, but it's not...

Nathan is not gaining weight - he isn't losing it, but he's not gaining either. He just turned 8 months old and is 10lbs 11.5oz on this past Tuesday... 2 weeks before that, he was 10lbs 11oz... and 2 weeks before that, he had been 10lbs 5oz... at 8 months, and mind you Noah started off at a pound and a half lighter then what Nathan was born at, at 8 months Noah hit 12lbs 4oz.

Nathan is so active (he's almost crawling! Something Noah didn't do until almost 18 months!) ... that he is burning the calories as soon as he takes them in pretty much.

And this morning he woke up at 3:30 so I gave him a bottle, and he then proceeded to throw up - and continued to until I woke Dennis up at about 6am... asked him to run to the store to grab some tylonal, pedialite and some other stuff... he came home with some children's anti-nausea meds (over the counter) and I've got a call into the DR to see if I can give that to him and the dose... he has been throwing up pretty much non-stop and dry heaving because he cleared out his tummy... I finally offered him some pedialite after he took a lil nap because he seemed to have stopped dry heaving so much... and with-in a few minutes, he threw that up...

I am really worried, he cannot afford to lose any weight from being sick, and I know we're looking at having to discuss a feeding tube, and it's killing me - I could just cry right now.....


Trying some LiquiLytes (Gerber) ... he threw it up right after
Poor passed out baby...

(Friday Afternoon)

We ended up going into the ER after a call to his PED ... Dennis ended up irritating me - I was so stressed out due to Nathan being sick.. and he was at work, but had the van - only vehicle we have - and I needed him to come home on his lunch or earlier to get me so I could have the van. That morning (after Nathan was sick) he told me that his co-workers were going out after work to celebrate Christmas (so to speak) and they wanted him to go out- he said he would play it by ear. He also got Famous Daves for lunch (work bought) and made the very ill timed joke (rolling eyes) of "I'm going to miss Famous Daves for you" ... ::sigh:: Well he told me that he was going to play it by ear for going out, and it was pretty clear from that morning that he was planning on going. Anyway - so he finally came and got me, and I dropped him back off at work, and took Nathan to the ER...
I don't know how many times I heard "Oh he's so cute... and what a trooper" he was still giving smiles but you could just tell it was just wearing him down... The DRs kept saying "you can bring him back any time, he's just so cute" .. LOL... but after some exams - it was determined at, at least that point in time, it wasn't his hydrocephalus .. he wasn't dehydrated... so no IV (whew!) ... he managed to keep about 3 oz down while in the ER... so we were let go, I was patted on the back for being on top of things, with him, and doing everything right...

The worst thing about it.... he was 10lbs 6oz..... lost 5 oz...... and he does not have the reserve to lose weight!

So we headed back home and hung out in Mommy & Daddy's room...

He was so miserable I was trying anything, any position to just give him a moment of comfort...
Through it all.... he still managed some smiles and half smiles...
"Okay, no more pictures, I'm tired.... "
And he fell asleep there....
Nathan wasn't the only one who fell asleep......
Nathan (taken with my cell phone) when he fell asleep after getting Daddy home and talking to Nana on the phone...
(Saturday Afternoon)

well beside taking care of a majorly sick baby - I was going to try to clean... and now that Dennis is working again, I gotta get the laundry in my bedroom I've been avoiding done.. the man needs clean work clothes right?

So I was up from 3:30 am (couldn't fall asleep that night, might I add, until after midnight) ... until I went to bed (finally crashed) about 10pm... Took care of Nathan throwing up, with the poor poopers ... trying to get him to drink, and all that - stressing out about him - blah blah blah... and Dennis decided to go out to the bar with co-workers last night to try to rub elbows with the big wigs because he really wants a full time position to open up and be considered for it (he's only temp to hire right now) ... He REALLY enjoys it there. Now I can understand why he wanted to do it, and so forth - but was it REALLY the best thing to do?

Needless to say, I didn't kill the bickering older kids - though I did lose it after awhile and yelled at them both... and I didn't kill Dennis when I picked him up smelling of beer and smoke, slurring his speech, staggering ... after only an hour of being out and (what he claims to be) 2 beers... unable to fulfill the promises of "I'll make it up to you" and "I'll take care of Nathan all night" ..

.......... and now, today...... HE IS MOODY!?!?!?!

I told him he was a disgrace to his Irish heritage... even I can drink better then he can! ::sigh::

Anyway - poor Nater was throwing up again last night after managing to have about 5 hours between the ER and getting Dennis home, of not throwing up... I managed to get him to take about 7+ oz of fluids in him ... and keep it down (the other 6+ he was offered he threw up pretty much right away).... He's been super whiney today, it's hard to console him... i feel horrible I cannot make him better... he's currently passed out on the floor - he's not comfortable anywhere... I just wish there was something I could do to help him.. :(

(Saturday Night)

Now he's pretty much refused to eat for the last 5 hours... he's thrown up again this afternoon, just once... he's tired and sleeping all the time, but miserable and whining... I thought he had gotten over that hump when he took some bottle this afternoon - but then he passed out on the floor and I thought GOOD... but no... he woke up and threw up :( And since then (about 4pm ish) he hasn't eaten a thing... so my worry is just increasing ten fold...

I will update again tomorrow....... and on top of him being sick, my throat is KILLING me... however I don't think it's strep because I'm on the tail end of my Z-pack antibodic... but I don't know what is going on :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!