"Give me an orange" he says handing me the orange.
I take the orange and hand it back to him. "Here you go" I say ...
He looks at me funny.... gestures for me to take the orange back. "NO!" he says. "You possta peel it"
I take the orange back and said "Oh, well you didn't ask me to peel it, you just asked me to give it to you."
He loooooooks at me. "When me say ONE you possta peel it"
"Noooooooooooo," I said. "When you say give me an orange, I give you an orange. You have to say 'Momma, can you please peel my orange' to get me to peel it. When you say ONE, I think you're counting."
"Nooooooooo," Kaedyn says. "Me say ONE you peel it"
"Nope, doesn't work that way."
I wait... and wait....
I say, "Say: Mommy can you please peel my orange"
Kaedyn: "One"
"Yes, one orange, say, Mommy can you please peel my orange" ....
(sighs) "Mom you please peel me orange"
I begin to peel. I have talent, yes I do - I have talent - how bout you! I can peel it in one piece.... talent comes with the child who is obsessed with oranges....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!