Thursday, December 6, 2012

December Challenges ... (ongoing)

So I found these Christmas/December Challenges  ....    So I'm going to do it all in one entry ... and just keep updating the date.  

DAY 1:
Christmas is one of my favorite Holidays...    Only Halloween beats out Christmas...  I love them both.   I am not sure which I love more - some days I'd say Halloween (especially around Halloween) and some days I'd say Christmas (especially after Halloween is over!)  LOL ... 

DAY 2:
I don't really have a lot on my Christmas list this year.   I always love candles, I love pens, and I love little knick-knacks ...  some things, whatever.   Oh ... and the Farkle game! LOL...

DAY 3:
Of course I believe in Santa.  Cuz.......... HE IS REAL!!!

DAY 4:
I like Comet.  He's smart, he's Santa's go to deer....  and he has a soft spot for Candy.  (Santa Clause 2)

DAY 5:  Favorite Christmas Movie was already discussed in the 2nd part of this post, HOWEVER ...   I'll share another fun story.   Back in 1996, a movie came out called JINGLE ALL THE WAY ...  and it was filmed at the Mall of America.  It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sinbad, Rita Wilson, Phil Hartman...   anyway... Calahan was just a baby... we went to the mall one day in July and I walked in and thought - WHAT THE HECK - cuz it was all decked out for Christmas.  HA HA....  I found out about the movie, and thought cool.   So ....  if you see the movie, and you see the scenes where he's in the mall fighting for the toy .. in a kids area......... I was so there.

DAY 6:  By farrrrrrrrr ...  my absolute most favorite Christmas song is O' HOLY NIGHT.   I love it. 

DAY 7:  We have a very small apartment... so we have a tall and skinny tree ...  It's a pre-lit fake tree because I'm allergic to real pine trees.  So I don't have a choice, even though - some year - I'd like to get a real one.  I think it would be fun.  Maybe someday - I'll try it.  Right now, we'll stick with the fake.   Anyway - we don't have garland, or bulbs, it's not a color coded tree ... it holds memories....  There are Christmas ornaments that the kids made, ornaments for Dennis and I ...  picture ornaments for the kids, family ornaments....  angel ornaments to represent the babies we've lost, ornaments I've gotten from friends....  ornaments I painted, and ornamets from my childhood...






DAY 1:
My kids doing crafts on the living room floor

DAY 2:
I have to say that my absolute favorite Christmas movie is the 1947 version of MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET.   I like the newer version too - but there is something so magical about the original. 

This is my other favorite ....  I always cry.  ALWAYS.  I absolutely love this movie.


DAY 3:
Original Photo by ME!  Don't steal w/o permission.

DAY 4:
My family makes me JOYOUS!!  Calahan (w/ Mia), Noah (w/ Marnie), Kaedyn, Daddy, Nathan (w/ Autumn), & Mommy


DAY 5:
Today's Temp ........... thanks to my weather channel app on my computer :)   I love it... 

DAY 6:
I'm not going shopping today ....  so I will share with you (I think I already have though) ... a picture from the one place we went on Black Friday Thursday! LOL... 
CRRRRRRRRRRAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY

DAY 7:  I love Christmas Lights..   we love to drive around and see neighborhoods all lit up.  But this........ is the definition of BRIGHT.   I wonder, how can they sleep?  LOL.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!