Monday, December 3, 2012

This and That.....

There are 22 days until Christmas now.........  WOW huh?  


So I haven't been feeling well the last couple days.  But I had an appointment today with my lady bits doctor to talk about the possibility of my having endometriosis.  I have had years of complications with my cycles, add in my "unexplained infertility" and frequent miscarriage history ...  on top of my symptoms exasperating over the last couple years to the point where - now - I'm in pain ALL the time.  So talking to her about what's going on and the fact that not to long ago it dawned on me, maybe I should ask my mom why she had a hysterectomy at the age of 35 - and found out SHE had endo ... it was like - a light bulb went off.

So ... lady bits doc agreed that there is a high likely hood that I have it.  So she did some testing today and she's going to refer me to a surgeon who specializes in endo.  I think I'm looking into the fact that I will probably have to have surgery .... as in ..... getting my lady bits removed.

Ugh .......  But I knew it was coming - and Dr. B told me that was going to be the end of the plan when I was done having kids, and that was prior to getting pregnant with Noah.   So I think....  I had a good run :)


In other news ....  it's been raining a lot here.  It is the rainy season here.  Summer - it really doesn't rain that much, but Winter.... all the time.   It has been raining so much, though, that Western Washington is under a flooding alert and caution for landslides and such.

A couple days ago ......  My boys were all home (two are homeschooled, Kaedyn doesn't have pre-school today, and Nathan's running a low grade fever) ... so Cal is in his room, Noah is in his room going back and forth between working on his workbook and playing ... and my lil ones found our dry erase workbooks that Nana and I got them. They are having fun. Kaedyn is over on the loveseat saying "A is for APPLE!!" ... then I hear him say "B" ... then "Cat is C" and then he says "D" and I said "What is D for?" He shouts, "DOG!"  He is so smart :) 


 Kaedyn (Captain Underwear) above and Nathan below....
They both did very very good with their tracing and even with the dot-to-dot of Elmo on the back there.   See.....  
 Nathan's (above) in Purple and Kaedyn's (below) in Green .... 

What happens when the curious kitty jumps on a shelf with a lit candle???   Well....   she flies off the shelf - smoking!  Literally!!    

Autumn was sitting on my desk the other day.  She likes to do this.  She's also been doing a lot of climbing.  The other morning (middle of the night) she kept jumping on the shelf above my desk and would then jump on the bookshelf next to my desk and then go on the top of the entertainment center.   Well .....  over the weekend - I was awoken but this loud bang .... turned out she knocked my Christmas plate off the shelf above my desk and broke it ..... 
 Above is my desk ......   below is after I put some of my decorations up - you can see the plate infront of Cookie there...  
this is how I found it  (sad face)
I'm not mad though.  Things happen and I knew it wasn't the sturdiest up there.   So it's really my own fault.   Anyway ........  she jumped up there over the weekend and then I started smelling something odd and all of a sudden she flies off my shelf onto me and off she went.  I literally saw her smoking.  Here she had landed in the Glades candle thing infront of the plate on the shelf (the round purple candle holder) ...  She was all scorched on her belly fur (nothing to the skin) ...  and it came off with brushing her.   The only thing I was concerned about was her paw because she stepped in the hot wax and had it all over her foot - I was worried about burns and all that.   
 Luckily she's fine.  We managed to get the wax off and she doesn't have any serious damage.  Just need to keep an eye on it and as of today - it looks great :)  

Also - she is the funniest cat.   We have a laser light - I mean, really - as a cat owner you HAVE to have one.   Well it's her favorite toy!!!   So she is now so trained that all I have to do is pick it up and she comes running.  LITERALLY - doesn't matter what room she's in - anything - I so much as touch it and she knows ....   Here is a video we did the other night ......  

And then our pup Marnie plays with it too.  I swear she thinks she's a cat!!! 


 Speaking of Marnie - here are a couple of cute pictures I got of her recently ... 


...  In other kid news........ 

I have noticed that the joys of boys is definitely upon me.   Don't get me wrong, I looooooooove my boys, but I am so outnumbered.    

OMGosh .  Kaedyn the other day ...   he brings me a juice bottle... and asks me to write his name on it.  There were only a few left, and when I asked him if he wanted me to open it - he told me no.   We write names on the kids drinks if it's not in cups - that way there is no "that one was mine" arguments.  Well, he takes it back in the kitchen and I see him put it back on the shelf.  Then he makes his way back over to me....... "Momma, put me name on?"  and he hands me another bottle.   HA HA HA ....  so since there were only a few left, I guess he got the bright idea that if I wrote his name on them all - they were all his.   I told him no - of course - after I laughed....   and explained that wasn't fair to his brothers.  "Okay, Momma....." 

And then there is the joy of the blaming game!!  Blaming your brothers for things you may or may not have done.  I ask who did it and I always get one kid saying another, the others saying that one...  Kaedyn has even blamed the cats or dog.   It's funny - and it's normal - but it's annoying too.  LOL.   The perfect example of this.... I go to the bathroom - I see the artwork of circles and suspicious looking "K" type marks.... I've already been warned of said artwork prior to my going to the bathroom and seeing for myself. When confronting my little minions .... I ask "Who did it" .... Kaedyn points at Nathan, "Nathan did it" and Nathan points at Kaedyn "He did it." So when I bring up the suspicious looking K's .... I asked "Who writes K's?" Kaedyn looks at me and gives me that sweet innocent lying smile of his. "Nathan does," he says. Um... yeah... I don't think so.  So I explained how this isn't okay - made some threat and handed him a wipe and told him to go clean it up.  

 The outside of the door (above) and the inside of the door (below)
 Kaedyn cleaning it up ....
 He did a good job too....

I know these joys are ones I'll be blessed with for a long long time to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!