It started with an internet dating site .... me swearing off relationships to focus on school and my kids.... a black and white photo I took of myself ...... and a wink from some strange guy down in North Carolina ...
Yeah ... he sent me a wink ... and I got it and thought ... huh ... checked out his profile, and thought = we have some similar interests ... he lives in North Carolina (I was in WI at the time) ... then figured ... it's always nice to have friends since the distance will definitely make it impossible for any sort of relationship.
So I responded to him ..... said "I see we have some of the same interests, nice to "meet" you."
We ended up chatting for hours and hours on the computer, and the first day we were talking, he asked me for my phone number.... and I was nervous and didn't like giving out my phone number. He was very persistent, so I ended up doing it. So we talked on the phone, over the computer, we web cam'd and we got to know each other a lot. With in a few days - we both seemed to "know" ...
And that damn slow button exploded ....
Shortly after, when my boys (Cal & Noah) had come to WA to stay with my mom for a couple weeks, I went to North Carolina to meet this clown .... leaving explicit instructions of his address, phone number, friends name down there and info that I was going to stay with if things went south ... and if I didn't respond, he obviously axe murderlated me ...
And when he came to pick me up, I was trying to gather my luggage, and he walked right up to me, putting his arms around me... tipping me back and planting a kiss on me that is only a reality in romantic movies..... no really, he did.... it was....... a.m.a.z.i.n.g......
After spending time with him (without cyberspace between us) ... we realized things really were pretty serious between us. We ended up moving him up to WI and I went to WA to get my boys ... while I was with them, I was preparing them for meeting him.
Things went really good .... so good that Calahan was stand-off-ish and Noah kept telling him to "go back to the mountain." LOL ... No, really ... it was completely normal and acceptable. We all had to adjust. We were planning our Fall wedding for October 13, 2007 .... I was so excited... I loved everything I was coming up with ........ and then.... I got this result of a test that changed everything.
In November, Dennis left for work and called me.... 2 minutes after he left for work... and he said ... "I've been thinking... maybe we should get married next month" ....
Wow............. how........... romantic. (He will never, ever live it down - I specifically told him that I wanted an amazing romantic proposal, and I'm STILL waiting for it........ )
So ... we planned a small courthouse wedding. I was 18 weeks pregnant.... with Nathan... at the time. Dennis and the boys wore suits and I got a pretty dress... We had several friends show up to watch us get hitched at the courthouse... some not so good photos taken - but ... they are all we got. And then we had a small reception over that weekend.
We always planned on having a bigger wedding at some point, cuz it's something we both really wanted.
Regardless, we went on to have another bundle of blue.... and completed our family. My boys, Cal and Noah from my first marriage. His daughter from a previous relationship. Then our boys together. We are a successfully blended family ...
Six years later and I love him more than I did when I married him. Our relationship hasn't been easy. We both have our faults and our demons from the past, but we communicate, we talk a lot, laughter is a HUGE part of our relationship, we love each other to the ends of time... and most of all - we accept each other for who we are, and we lift each other up and don't drag each other down.
He is an amazing guy who took on my two kids and all their medical issues, me with my medical issues ... he picked up and moved half way across the country ... and he became my best friend. When we first started to get to know each other - I kept saying he's the male version of me. Course we have our differences in personality, taste, interests, but there is a lot of common things too.
I love him so much, he knows me better than anyone... and I'm so thankful to have him beside me every day.
We didn't do much for our anniversary tonight. We had some fake champagne (neither of us drink) ... we had a nice meal, cake, and we are going to watch a movie :)
Happy Anniversary Honey!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!