Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm so Dizzy, my head is spinning......


If you are stopping by from ICLW ...  please check out my official   WELCOME ... 

I had a DRs appointment on Monday to discuss some changes in my medications.  I told her how I woke up with a headache on Saturday and how it hasn't gone away.  I can get it to relax a bit but it never goes away.  So she wanted me to take some Happy Mr. V Pills and see if they broke it.  I always have Happy Mr. V Pills on hand, usually, because of the chronic pain that I live with.  But I try not to take them.  A bottle of 30 pills can last me anywhere from 3 months, to a year.  Anyway, so she gave me some new pills.  (I came home and looked at my old bottle, and it's from 2008 - ha!) ...  so I took some, and luckily I was pain free, but then, they wore off... and it came back.  She had told me before I left the office that if it didn't kick it, then I would need a referral to the neurologist.  So I took Happy Mr. V Pills for two days, and then on Wednesday, I called and told them Happy Mr. V makes it go away, but it always comes back.   My biggest symptoms right now.......  Headache that won't go away.  Feeling off Balance.  Facial Pressure, especially behind my Right Eye.  Vision Changes.. more so with my right eye then my left.  Feeling very Confused at times. I came home from the DR and I was telling Dennis about it.  I said "if it doesn't go away she wants me to go to the neurologist to make sure I don't have a tumor" .... worst fear, you know?   It's not what she said, but I felt like that's what she was thinking.   It's what I'm thinking, now.  Like a moron, last night, I put my main symptoms in Google and hit search...... first thing on the list .. "Brain Tumor Symptoms" ... no kidding. 

Made me feel wonderful........ trying to think positive and the google monster comes out to bite me in the arse!

So I'm in limbo right now.  Waiting.  Wondering.  Headache, pressure, all that stuff is still there.  I've noticed that I have to think about my speech more, I have to make more corrections when I'm typing...   My speech gets slurred... and my ears feel clogged up at times, more so my right ear.  

Something is going on, and I'm getting scared.  I have an eye appointment (not even suggest by my DR) to make sure it's not an issue with my eyes, and my Neurology appointment isn't until Feb. 4th .. it was the soonest they could get me in. 

It's the waiting game.......  I'm sure everything is fine, but you can't help wonder... what if it's not...... 

And then Dennis tells me he's been dreaming about someone in our family getting cancer.  So between me and Noah's growing birth mark...... who knows.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, but headaches are my life most days. Feel your pain, sista! Hope they can figure out what's wrong with you and doubly hope it's a simple fix. =)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Google can be so wonderful at times, but more often than not, he's scary! I hope everything turns out for the best.

    Christina
    The Subfertile Frugalista
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is scary but worrying won't help. I no longer google medical symptoms, always the worst case scenario! Stay calm, keep us posted:) Hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I hope everything turns out ok. Keep us posted! And, feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope that everything works out for you.

    I find that once googling things, or going on that blasted WebMD I tend to focus on things that need not be focused upon.

    HOpefully that is exactly what's going on with you!

    Have a great ICLW weekend. Try to relax. (I'm sure you have heard that a time or five!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a horrible headache that lasted nearly 6 months. I had the tumor talk too...so scary! Turns out I had an underactive thyroid. You just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HATE headaches. I'm glad your going to the Neurologist to check it out because a Migraine can cause crazy symptoms! I once ended up in the ER, off balance, words coming out weird, an awful headache and had all the tests you can imagine and it turned out to be a migraine. I couldn't believe a migraine could be so nasty. The hospital neurologist said they can cause all kinds of symptoms and last for days or even weeks. Now I take preventative medication and when it does flair up, I take Frova right away. It stinks cause I still get headaches a lot, but not as severe.
    Good luck with your tests. Dr. Google is the worse thing to consult. I had myself having a massive brain tumor of a stroke. I have to force myself not to do that anymore or my anxiety goes through the roof.

    Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better.
    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!