Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year Resolutions ...




My New Years Resolutions GOALS.....maybe calling them GOALS  will make them more likely to be achieved?


So... I don't make resolutions, I have decided they are GOALS ...  




Avoid the ER for things stuck in Nathan's ears and nose ...  cuz, I so know we are headed there, and I still have the insane hope of avoiding it....

Avoid the ER because Nathan has eaten something totally in-eatable...  cuz he likes to eat paper and stuffing and various other stuff.  Usually he keeps it in his mouth until I realize what he's doing and he'll spit it out in my hand......... ooooooooh the joys of motherhood!

Avoid the ER because Kaedyn has eaten something totally in-eatable ...  that's right, he's a toddler now and the world is his oyster!  Literally ...  he tries to eat everything.  He is very orally explorative.  We recently heard about a little 14 month old boy (Kaedyn is 15 months) ... who ended up dying because he ingested kerosene... Dennis and I looooooooked at each other, both thinking, Kaedyn would so do that...  how did that happen you might ask?  The family is Amish and mom filled a lamp, put the jug on the floor to close up the lamp, and apparently the baby grabbed it thinking it was some tasty treat not knowing how dangerous it was.  They got him to the hospital right away, rushed to the Childrens Hospital in Milwaukee or Madison (I forget which) and unfortunately the damage was already done.   But Dennis said, "It's a darn good thing we're not Amish or that would have been Kaedyn," and he's right.  It would have been.  Kaedyn puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, we even have to make sure that nothing to gross or dangerous is with in reach in the garbage because he will go in there and try to find a snack!  Doesn't matter if he's got a bowl of the best stuff in the world, he's all about exploring for food. 

Keep Calahan on a path to excellence ....  now if only I could find that excellence, it would be nice, so I can push him towards it.  As long as he stays out of Juvie ... that's a major accomplishment right there! LOL...   

Reduce the size of my ass and my gut ... without it affecting the size of my knockers cuz hubby likes those "just the way they are" ...... 

I want to do better with keeping the house picked up ...  I mean, seriously - I clean and vacuum every day and it just doesn't seem to matter.  I mean I realize that if I didn't, things would be 1,000 worse, but it's still hard to have things nice when the kids literally come up behind me with broken chips tossing them about as if they were rose petals on a wedding day... ah... yeah, that pretty much explains it!  Oh and let's not forget the whole rule that if I fill up a toy tote, they have to immediately dump it all out because it didn't belong there in the first place!  It belongs on the floor...   and they do get very angry when they get everything just so, in it's place, and I come up and wreck it all!  :: sigh  ::  I'll never win.  And laundry is a joke.. yep, a joke.....





AULD LANG SANG SURVEY 2009-2010



 
What was the best part of this year?  Dennis getting into culinary school ...

What was the worst part of this year?  Dennis getting fired due to cut backs at two jobs through the year... being stuck in the house all the time, no money to do anything... 

What was the biggest surprise of this year?  Dennis getting his the job he looooooooves back :) (just got a call this morning, after he left for work, that he didn't have to go to work today, don't know what that's about but it worries me.... apparently she called last night but it came up Private Caller and I don't answer that, forgot to listen to the machine and it was Cal's birthday, we had people here - so now I'm worried)


What are you most looking forward to in 2010?  being able to leave the house, going to Nashville for the Little People of America convention... 

Is there anything you are not looking forward to in 2010?  Trying to find a bigger place

Which new year's resolutions did you keep this year?  I didn't really make any last year other then to lose weight which I was working on until I got my severe hernia

Which new year's resolutions did you break this year? losing weight

What will be your new year's resolutions for 2010? Listed above

Which one are you most likely to break? none of them (positive attitude right?)

Which one are you most likely to keep?  none of them (realistic attitude right?  ROFLMBO)

What will you be doing on new year's eve? Dennis and I managed to stay up, and we had some fake champagne - kissed at 11:59, wished it a happy 2010 at midnight and kissed again after clinking our glasses and drinking to it... 

Who will be with you on new year's eve? Dennis, the babies, Cal came home from his grandma's cuz he was sick, the only one not home was Noah.

What was the best song of 2009? There are so many ...  Cowboy Casanova - Carrie Underwood, Lie - David Cook, Sideways & Feel That Fire - Dierks Bentley, Then - Brad Paisley,

What was the best tv show of 2009?  Survivor was sooooooooooo good this past year.  LOL...  I love The Mentalist, Mercy, The Listener, Ghost Whisperer, Trauma, Medium, The Closer, Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State... I could go on and on... 

What was the best book you read in 2009?  The first two books to the Nora Roberts Bride series

What was the best movie you saw in 2009?  Julie & Julia ...  Harry Potter ...  I haven't seen My Sisters Keeper yet but I know that I love it, it'll make me bawl my eyes out and that's one reason I haven't watched it.  I have sick kids, those are hard to watch. 

What change will you make to your life in 2010?  Hopefully we'll be more financially stable, hopefully I'll lose some weight :D 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your resolutions, both past and present. Definitely hope that 2010 is an ER free year for you and your family. Weight loss is always at the top of my resolution list too. Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!