Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Look & Random Thoughts.....

So it's Tuesday, and I needed a break after pouring my soul back out in Pity, for Pity's Sake: pt 1 and  Pity, for Pity's Sake: pt 2.   Incase you are new, or don't know ... because this isn't really the blog that I put it all in...   2 of my son's were born extremely small, both with medical issues.  (I got Noah's button - FINALLY - made yesterday)


Noah, I found out while I was pregnant, that he has a rare genetic disorder called Mosaic Trisomy 16.  Part 1 is about him.  He was 1lb 12oz at birth and I was told he wouldn't live past pregnancy or shortly after birth.  Well, he turns 8 years old on February 1st!  As bittersweet as each birthday is, because it means my boys are growing up so fast, each year is a huge victory for him!  Noah has struggled with a lot of things, but his main issues at this moment are hearing, kidney issues, and tight muscles.  However, with his disorder, we just don't know what it effects and anything can go wrong at any time.  (interesting fact about Noah's button up there, that footprint his his footprint at birth - notice it has no "prints" ... babies born that small have none of the unique ridges in their skin yet)

Part 2 is about our son Nathan.  He was 3lbs 4oz at birth and we found out while I was pregnant that he has a cyst in his brain.  It can't be removed, it can't be "fixed" ... right now, it's stable and it's just there.  He has a lot of medical issues, more then Noah ...  Nathan also has a cleft palate, is labeled "Failure to Thrive" because at almost 3 years old, he is only 18lbs & 31 inches.. he has hypothyroidism (yes you read that right, hypo is the one that makes you gain weight, however - not in Nathan's case) ... he has sensory issues, migraines, he has not "officially" been diagnosed with Russell Silver Syndrome which is a type of Primordial Dwarfism, but we are pretty sure he has it, and there is questions if he has some sort of high functioning Autism due to his mannerisms and repetitive habits.  

My other blog, where those entries are located, is where I update on their medical stuff, or sometimes I just put general chit chat in there.  If it's something important, I usually link it in here, too.  

So.. random thoughts Tuesday.......


  •  I have a new look, I'm not sure I like it..  it might change...

  • The other day Dennis and I were in the car .......we were discussing something and talking about how shy someone was.  He looks at me, and says "Like you, you are shy ... but you are very social too." And then after a moment pause he says, "and I'm outgoing but prefer to be by myself" ....   shy and social ...  outgoing and loner...  we are such a conundrum ...  or as Dennis says, "a walking contradiction"

  • Monday Morning: Noah's eyes open, mouth opens out spews "can I play the x-box?" no, I love you Mommy, to ease the Mommy Morning Beast ... not even a good morning.. just love for the X-box, so unfair. 

  • Every time my phone rings, Kaedyn comes running (or goes running if I'm not at my desk) ...  he is addicted to talking on the phone, even though ... he doesn't talk.   He will babble your ear off and push buttons until the phone goes dead... trust me, my mom has had to suffer through it many times.  He literally stands there and says (in baby babble) .. "Who is that?" ...  "Is that for me?" ... and he'll reach and babble as if saying "Give me the phone, geez woman, if you aren't going to answer it I will!"

  • Monday Afternoon - During Nap Time: "Mom" Noah says to me.  "What?"  I'm reading a blog ... he's suppose to be cleaning his room.  Babies are sleeping.  It's ME time...  not MOM time...  who am I kidding, every minute is MOM time...  "My leg hurts" ...  "Okay," not stopping reading... "go lay down and take a nap, rest your let and when you get up you can finish you room." ...  he humph'ed me...   apparently he didn't like that answer ...  "No Momma my leg HURRRRRRTS" ... as if drawing it out makes it more believable..  I mean in his defense, his legs always hurt, it's part of him being him (tight heel cords, he will likely need to be casted)... but...  it's an excuse, at the moment.   "Well that's why a nap will do you good, you can lay down, nap or watch some TV, and when you get up, your legs will be rested, and you'll be able to finish your room" .... not being able to argue with that logic other then the generic "I CANNNNNNNNNNN'T" to which I reply "Yes you can, you can do anything" he stomps off to his room.  5 minutes later he's back at my side "Moooooooom, my room is done."  And it was, almost... LOL. 

  • Monday Afternoon - During Naptime:  "Com'on you mother ****** ... I had it on auto-speed, you stupid son-of-a-b****" ...  er..... turns around and looks at my HUSBAND..... Seriously?  He's playing an x-box game.  Apparently it's a very poorly done game....  or at least my husband seems to think so.  This goes on for an hour or so, with the same type of ...  hostility emitting from his mouth...  I finally, after so long of hearing this, and seeing him almost throw the controller out of the corner of my eye.... I turn around and say "why are you playing it if it's pissing you off so much" ...  because he has obsessive compulsive disorder about the most useless things and it'll bug him until he figures it out.  He gets up and turns it off.  "It's not my fault the game is so stupid" ...  I looooooooook at him.   You know, that look only a wife can give a husband that screams "are you KIDDING me?" without actually screaming it.  And I said ... I quote:  "No but you are for continuing to play a game that pisses you off so much and makes you want to throw a controller" .... silence...  "right? It has an off button!"   HA!  Okay maybe it wasn't verbatim but it might as well been.   I love being right, as I am, so very often!   (BTW - I read this to him, and he threatened my life, said "if that shows up on the web anywhere, you are so going to die" ...  he didn't mean it of course, but incase I show up in a river somewhere - he does have Italian Mob connections in his very own family - you know why) ... 

  • Why does my son insist on making MILK puddles?  Seriously??   He either shakes his cup or puts the soft spout against the (whatever he wants to flood) ... and proceeds to make a massive mess!  This morning - I got up .... my couch was COVERED ..... nice thing to wake up to and it didn't help the Mommy Morning Beast, especially since he kept us up all night ... his cup was upside down though, so I donno if it was really his .. playfulness that caused that.  Later he asked me for more milk so I got him some, and do you know what that little shit....... DARLING did???   He had emptied the WHOLE thing in a puddle on the floor infront of the TV.   Are you kidding me??  Then had the nerve to come back and ask me for more.   Okay, I can hear some of you saying "why don't you just switch him to hard cups?"  Well, it's simple.  He has a cleft palate which is now closed by only the membrane that is at the roof of your mouth, he still has classic cleft palate issues, difficulty sucking, fluid getting into (and coming out of) his nose... etc...  so soft spout cups are A: not easy to find, and B: about the only thing he'll drink out of - unless it's not spill proof.  And it can't have a valve in it, which means it comes out easy regardless (these soft spout cups we use) ...  So yeah, it's a pain.  I could give him a hard spill-proof cup and tell him tough, but he can't afford to lose the weight it would cause when we did the several day fight!  Humph..... what to do.  Oh yeah, and he is biting through the spouts now.  Oooooooooooh such good times.    It's a good thing he's cute and loveable!

  • Monday before he went outside: Noah just "high-five'd" me with his head......... WTH???

  • Monday: OMG ..... "Wisconsin" was on Ellen today.... during a blizzard warning down in LaCrosse apparently Channel 8 news had put the county map over Ellen's face and someone sent Ellen a picture.  LOL... (Click the link)

  • Tuesday Morning:  Anyone want to come clean out our fridge?  Today is grocery shopping day and I don't really WANT to clean it out but it has to be done.... right?  (gag) ...  Fine, I guess I'll go do it since no one is volunteering ...  
  • OOOOOOOOOOOMGosh..... Duff (my boy from Ace of Cakes) is desperate!   Okay maybe not but he's giong to be on an episode of Imagination Movers this Saturday looking for his secret ingredient! 
  •  Dennis has had a bad lung infection for several weeks now (about a month) and he's on his second round of antibotics, it's not helping, it's getting worse...  I want him to go back in, he doesn't want to go back into urgent care or the ER and can't get into the DR until the 18th.  UGH!  Not to mention one of my best friends is skipping out on a DR appt today that she needs to go to, I understand why she's not, but she's got to go.  :(    UGH!    And my lungs are starting to hurt something fierce, which isn't good.  I can't afford to get sick.   But I already am :(
  • I'm reading THE HOBBIT by J. R. R. Tolkien right now, and I don't know how I'm going to get 100 books read in a year unless I count some of the kids books I read to the kids that we haven't read before.   So I might have to.



5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from SITS and wishing you a Happy Hump Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Good feelings being sent your way... I am at work - private duty for special needs children... no seizures tonight, some minor breathing probs but otherwise quiet...
    Sending some of this quiet and calm (physical and emotional) to help you cope.
    Anytime you need to vent... feel free to stop by and leave me a rant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves to make milk puddles too. Then he finger paints in them.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "OMG"
    "WTH"
    "LOL"
    "WTFFFFF"
    AND
    "LMAO!!!!!!!!!"
    were all the things going through my head while i was reading your random tuesday thoughts post, lol.

    I love your sense of humor, and your husbands "a walking contradiction" saying, lol

    hugs!!!!!!!

    btw
    CONGRATS on your awards!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!