Twenty-three years ago today I labored 13 hours to squeeze this slimy alien out of my body. He came out screaming and the doctor, who was as horrified as I was at this tiny little.... boy thing. It took a nano-second for me to grab that screaming little human thing and fall instantly in love. I wasn't mad about the 13 hours of horrible pain and contractions and all the vomiting and the .....everything .... he put me through. He was my whole world, my whole life... and he made me the one thing I always wanted to be, and that was a mom.
He was 8lbs 7oz of wonder. He rarely cried as a newborn, unless he was hungry or I laid him in his cradle (but his crib was fine) .... He was always wide eyed and taking everything in. Always curious. He wasn't always the easiest child. After the Leukemia scare, the bone marrow testing and everything with that, he changed. The turned from this super smart little boy and regressed .. and I thought it was due to being traumatized by the scary medical tests he had to go through. The next few years would be rough. But we stumbled our way through it and by the age of 5, he was somewhat back to his normal .... then he became a big brother. I'm sure it was "normal" to him - everything that happened with Noah... but it wasn't, yet it was all Calahan knew. As the years have come and gone Calahan has grown into an amazing young man. He has this huge heart so full and capable of love. He is loyal to a fault. He has such compassion for animals, and people - especially if it's someone who's seen as being at a disadvantage or going through something tough - he is always willing to be a support or a shoulder. He has such a kind heart. Cal does have his faults, of course, like his quick temper. LOL ... and I know that he really wants someone to call his own. With Tina coming into his life, he has found this happiness I have never seen in him before.
So today, I wish my amazing son a very very happy 23rd birthday (even though it's MY birthday, cuz I was the one giving birth!) ... and I hope that this next year turns out to be so amazing for you.
I love you baby boy.
Today we had Beef Stroganoff (asked for by the birthday boy) and cake ....
Hi World..... let me introduce Tina ...... Calahan's new and bestest main squeeze <3
Throwing rocks and making plops........
Vaping........ no, there is no nicotine in it

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!