Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering...

Driving Dennis to work this morning, listening to the local radio station (one of them anyway) ... they were reliving there "where were you" stories.

Yes.... everyone remembers where they were, where they were standing, what they were wearing... who they were with... and the utter shock and horror and they first witnessed that second plane hit the towers... if it be via re-running it, or the actual live image...

I was one of those few who saw the plane go into the tower, live on TV...

I remember... I was pregnant with Noah... and Home Schooling Calahan at the time... he was 5 years old... I was so shocked, I didn't protect him for the images.. and he was scarred and scared for year, and I believe he still is... in a way.

I woke up early (like every morning) .. and turned on Good Morning America (my fav morning news show) ... and it was almost immediate... breaking news... one of the Twin Towers in New York City is on fire... there is a rumor that a plane went off it's course and ... hit .. they were waiting for confirmation... and a few moments later, as live feeds came on... the world witnessed, the second plane... fly right into the heart of the USA...

No one could tear themselves away from their TVs, the news papers, the magazines, the radios. It was all that was discussed for weeks, months... and then, the decision came down... we were going to War. Sending our Men and Women over to fight, to show those responsible who was boss. We wouldn't stand down and take it.

As much as I do not respect that choice, it is what it is... and I DO support our troops. It's like teaching your child the only way to get back at a bully is throw punches. I feel we lost so many lives already, why give them more? Why give them more for SIX YEARS?? It hurts me, as a citizen, as someone who is proud of her country, honors the heroes of our various services. I am the daughter of a Navy man, and step-daughter... the sister, the cousin.. the Granddaughter of two Army Vets, the niece... the wife of a man who was in the Army... I am proud of what our military does...

However in my opinion enough is enough...

And I take this moment... to not only honor and remember the thousands that died that day in New York, and the ones at the Pentagon, the heroes of United Airlines Flight 93 who decided their fate would be in their hands and NOT in those who were trying to take over. The Men and Women who rushed to the sites of this country's disaster to help the injured, find survivors, and recover the dead... and to all the men and women who have fought in our honor, who have died for our country... to all the families of those who have family members who fought, served, parished... for those who are growing up without their husbands, wives, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, neices, nephews, grand parents, aunts and uncles... friends.... for anyone who has lost anyone and continues to be heartbroken on this day.

Images will never be forgotten, this day will never be forgotten - it'll be in history books, and forums of discussion forever... "Remember the Day... America... was attacked... and in that distruction the citizens of the United States lived up to it's name and U-N-I-T-E-D together to stand strong and show, although fear exsisted, it would not control...

God Bless Everyone... Blessed Be...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, 9/11 was so sad for all of us. I remembered that day clearly I was a work had just found out the day before that I was pregnant with my oldest daughter and was sharing the news with my friends. Then I get a call from my mom saying how a plane crashed into a building in New York I was like what. I turn my radio on and listen to what everyone was saying on the radio I couldn't work anymore I felt like omg what has the world came to. When I got home and turn on the TV that is when I cried. I didn't know those people but, it was so sad to see how all those people died. We all will remember that day.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!