However, I have just been so sick this week, usually my laptop is infront of me when-ever my kids are not... and this week, it just hasn't been. I haven't really gotten a chance to write or anything. I'm just sick. Monday I didn't feel well, had my labs and ultrasound done.... Tuesday I couldn't even function, Dennis had to take the kids to my Mom's so that my cousin could watch them while he went to Seattle for an appointment. I couldn't get out of bed unless it was to run to the bathroom. Wednesday, I was feeling slightly better - I could deal with the kids, but I still was throwing up and such. Wednesday night, the DR called to give me the results of my labs and started out the conversation with "How are you?" and I told her the truth! Told her how sick I've been and how my blood sugars were really high. Everything going on. She wanted me to go to Urgent Care right away. So we packed up the kids after calling my mom, and left after dropping them off.
We get there and of course I'm a sarcastic smart ass cuz that's the way I am....... they told me they were going to do an IV and of course I start freaking out ... he comes in to do it, and says "Are you Annissa?" and I said "No, he is..." and pointed at Dennis.
I HATE NEEDLES!!!!
I am not one of those people who say that, either, and have tattoos and piercings! I have my ears pierced and that was enough, and the only tattoos I have are the spider webs across my stomach from being pregnant with my children (aka stretch marks! As in I have no tattoos) ... I don't discriminate against needles, they all suck and they all send me on edge.
So I asked him if he brought in lydicane ... and he is like "no" ... I told him he better get some. I don't care if it's 2 pokes, I don't care if the lydicane burns.... all I know is they usually have to dig for my veins and with the lydicane, I don't freak out to the point where I can't breath.
Agian......... I HATE NEEDLES!!!!
So he humored me. Got it in one stick.
And then I got to sit through getting fluid and nausea meds (which helped so much!) and then getting pain meds too which was funny, he was like "It'll make you feel light headed, blah blah blah" and what it did was give me a pain through out my body from my head to my thighs like a mild headache all through. It was ... weird.... but it worked.
Luckily, my liver tests looked better - so hopefully today they'll be better still. However, the last two days still haven't been easy and I've still been sick.
I asked my husband if I looked as good as I felt, and he said "Yeah, you look like shit" .......
Maybe.... just maybe.... I shouldn't have asked........
So ... that's why I haven't gotten a chance to read and note and comment and post my new uber award I got :D


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!