Well incase ya didn't know, I was 18 weeks pregnant when I got married, LOL... and my fingers decided to swell up like...... yeah... well... anyway - the ring didn't fit anymore, and thanks to Dennis' cooking...... I *still* wouldn't fit....
So .......... it took a long time before any of my rings would fit, so my celtic knot ring has been holding that spot on my finger until Dennis and I can afford getting each other real wedding bands. But...... I want something that looks more like a wedding band.
Mom got invited to a jewelry party ... so she asked if I wanted to go along. I wasn't sure, but eventually I was like... "when do I ever really get out for FUN stuff" .... and who knows, this might be fun, so I said I'd go. I talked to Dennis about it, and it was all okay with him....
Well, it was a lot of fun. I am REALLY glad I went. I really like Mom's friend, and her friends were great fun :) The party itself was fun. The Host (Carla) was like "You can get anything replaced as long as you take good care of it and don't do drastic things to it" ... so I peeped up and said "So letting my 2 yr old chew on it wouldn't be good then?" .... ha ha ha .... I got a drawing ticket for being a smart ass, it was great fun! And I talked to one of her friends who has an adult child who is unique. She was telling me a few things that we should check out.
Anyway, I wasn't thinking I would be getting anything ..... completely broke ya know....... but Mom kept going "You see anything you like?" So I pointed out two things to her. One, being a ring - which she knew that I wanted something that looked more like a wedding ring to wear until that day - who knows when - when Dennis and I can go get real rings for each other. We have more important things to do with what little money we have right now. Like pay bills... LOL...
So this is what I picked out .... Thanks Mom!! I sent a picture to Dennis and he said it was "Pritty"
I also picked out a necklace that is very versatile... it's got neutral colors so I can wear it with pretty much anything I have :)
PS: Both these pieces were under $50 ...


Very pretty! I'm also without my wedding rings right now - my engagement ring and wedding band BOTH snapped in HALF in early Jan (bizarro!) then the next week I broke my pinky next to my ring finger. Something really weird is happening with my left hand, I guess?! I like your idea: I think I'll look into a pretty costume sparkler until I can get my real rings fixed.
ReplyDelete