Sunday, January 2, 2011

Walmart Evacuation .........


No really!!  " Your attention please customers!  We need you to evacuate the store out the front doors quickly and without panic"

Let me rewind a little bit. Our beautiful double stroller.... our Cadillac of strollers ... was left outside, open, on the front porch and apparently it got snowed on and rained on .... well, when I looked at it about a week ago cuz I was thinking about taking the Bo-Bo-Brothers for a walk ... my heart B-R-O-K-E......  it was covered in little black spots (mildew/mold) ... seriously - expensive stroller!!

We tried to wash them in vinegar  ... no luck.....  so Mom and I decided to run to Walmart to see what we could find.   We got ... color safe bleach ...  mold/mildew stuff for the bathroom ... mold/mildew stuff for outdoor furniture...  yep ... (We also soaked it over night in vinegar but no luck) ... and there is a LOT - not just a spot or two.  It's covered.....

Anyway - back to my story ......

I wanted to run back to the baby department to find some PJ's for the babies, and so after we did that, we started towards the automotive center for pet safe "salt" for the ice on the driveway ....  while we are walking past the electronics area, the fire alarm goes off.   Mom and I kinda take a pause but keep walking.  Then we see a manager come out of the back of the store with a talky walky saying "Why is the fire alarm going off" ...  in her talky walky ...

Er....K....... but we still kept walking....

Got to the automotive center and got the salt...  and then heard one of the guys from the automotive area say "what? we are evacuating?"  and then he goes "Okay folks, we are asking everyone to exit the store..."

Mom and I kept walking ... we passed a woman who seemed to be oblivious to everything ... and Mom touched her shoulder and said "They are asking everyone to evacuate" and we kept walking.....

The woman..... well, she keep right on shopping....

So we walked into the Garden Center where we had come in, and I said "maybe they don't know yet and they'll still check us out" and just as I was saying that - there was a woman between the two registers on the phone making the announcement to the store to evacuate.  So we asked if we could put our stuff in a cart to the side... it was already obvious what had happened...

Outside, in the outdoor garden area water was pouring down.  Now - at first I didn't know if something had happened out there and it was doing that because there was a fire out there and it was trying to put it out ... or what... but there was a weird smell wafting in from out there ...

So we put our stuff in a cart and walked out to see this ............


 Well we went out by the car.... and then I called Dennis to tell him what was going on....  and then, I said to Dennis "Oh I gotta get off and take pictures for my blog! BYE!" ... ha ha .. .no seriously - I said that... . don't believe me!?!?  Revert to the day I took pictures of the SWAT TEAM breaking into the neighbors place when we lived in Wisconsin the day I found out I was pregnant with Kaedyn!! ...  I'm that kind of blogger! LOL... (I didn't blog about it here, shucks!)
 
 Everyone evacuating ....  and then the fire men showed up!!  Mom says, she was so proud that the City of Bremerton sent ONE ENGINE...
Well, we got to go back in and check out .......... left..... and the water was STILL pouring out ....

2 comments:

  1. ROFLMAOOOOOOO this was hilarious!!! Leave it to Walmart.......leave it to YOU for something like that to happen to you! Course I can't really talk...one time a cop made us leave a rest area off the highway because "some stuff was going down and they don't want anyone to get hurt". LOL at least I didn't take pics though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!