It started out with my ducking into the bathroom to.. er... brush my teeth - right right... my teeth ... anyway, I shut the door quickly, there was a 1 year old hot on my heels. I heard the click as it latched and then did a small little victory dance.
I was in the bathroom .......... ALONE!!!
Every Mother's dream!! Well, ya know, other then peace and quite!
But I wasn't feeling good yesterday and didn't want anyone in there while I was.... right.. brushing my teeth.
So I was in there, by myself, and shortly after the click of victory, there was a thud on the door - which I could only assume was the 1 year old hitting the door. When I say HITTING the door, I mean walking STRAIGHT into the door as if it didn't EXIST and then BOUNCING off!
Luckily there was no screams of pain and so I figured he didn't break or dislocate anything.......
Often times I spend the few moments of peace I manage in the bathroom, NOT in peace.... cuz there is usually a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum outside the door. Because I had the NERVE to go in there by myself ...
The TOILET MONSTER is going to EAT you ... he will cry, I mean that's not what he's actually saying, because he doesn't really talk, it's more grunts and pointing, with some sort of sound combinations, but obviously what was going to go through his head!
Suddenly, there was a blue hanger being slid under the door...
1: Where did they get it?
2: Did they think that was an offer for the toilet God not to sacrifice me?
3: Was it a trick?
Then the soft knocking started ... "MAMA" I heard come through the door in my 2 yr old's sweet little voice. It's one of those few words he's mastered, and it took him over 2 years to do that.
Damn, I was found, my plan was spoiled ... Seriously? They saw me go in there. But I never make a peep at them in hopes that they will FORGET that I disappeared in there, well... I normally don't make a sound, even at the crying and begging and offering of sweet nothings under the door.... don't want to give away the national secret of my position...just incase... they might forget...
So then, I hear my 7 year old screech... because he doesn't scream ... he screeches and his room is right next to the lovely undersized powder room.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Apparently being born premature and extremely tiny gives you the right to be a Drama King ... well, at least that is HIS take on the situation.
Then I hear a bottom (as in a diapered behind) hit the floor, and I know it's the 1 year old. I mean seriously, that is one big baby and he hits hard ...the Earth shakes.. then the crying starts, definitely the 1 year old.
So the 2 year old starts to tell him off.... I can totally understand the un-understandable jibberish. "You pushed him you big meany!"
Because my x-ray vision is working through the door, and I saw it!
So it's time to disclose the secret of my position and I yell (so that I can be heard through the closed door) ... "Noah! Stop being a bully"
To which he clearly says, in a slightly whispered tone, "Make me, you FOOL"
Yes, my Drama King 7 year old seems to channel Mr. T. ... I just need to buy him a bunch of gold bling! The sad thing about it all... he would probably love it.
But I have on my super sonic hearing too, and I heard him clear as day....
"NOAH ALEXANDER" I yelled through the door.
"Sorry Mom," I hear his half hearted DAMN I WAS CAUGHT apology ... he's heard how calling people FOOL is completely inappropriate.
Ut-huh - sure you are you little Gremlin, I think.
"I just don't want THEM in my ROOM," he cries as if it explains his bad behavior. I have come to the conclusion that there is NO explanation for Noah's behavior.
And I'm thinking......... Yeah yeah whatever, I've heard it already.
"Stop being a BULLY," I told him again.
With the situation defused, the soft knocks started again and they started to play the, what fits through the crack under the door, game again... I do believe I was also bribed with a book, crayons and the legs of spider-man because the rest of him couldn't be pushed under...

lol. Love the 'fool' comment. Kids are so funny. :)
ReplyDeleteThat made me laugh out loud, seriously! My 5 year old just asked me what was so funny! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteChildren can be very funny!
ReplyDeleteI am dropping by from SITS to say hi. Thanks for letting me share a glimpse of your life.
Lovely blog!
Come on by and visit me...I'd love to have you!
That is a riot! You can never predict what kids will do or say.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from SITS.
hi annissa,
ReplyDeletei haven't stopped over in a while and i wanted to say "hi!" and wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday seson!
Shelley
http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com
http://theuntraditionaltopiaryblog.blogspot.com/
http://thedcladies.blogspot.com/
boys, boys, boys. I never realized how much I take my "teeth-brushing" time for granted. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! Thats make me laugh out loud!
ReplyDeletelol. my son is too young for that yet, but your post reminded me of the torture we put my poor mother through...i think karma's going to get me!
ReplyDelete*from SITS
Oh SITSta - this brought back memories - mine are now 6 & 9, but I loved getting into the bathroom - I had magazines in there - meanwhile little fingers would be wiggling under the door. It took me weeks to finish each magazine. . .
ReplyDeleteYou had me laughing to the point of tears...Loved the post.
ReplyDeleteThe bathroom has become my personal daily getaway for the past 8yrs...Crazy the places that have become our mental dose of sanity once we became moms :)
(Passed through from SITS)
Blessings,
Eevee
LOL I've definitely been there and done that.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious. 'Fool'! I love him.
ReplyDeleteIt's one of those things you don't appreciate until you become a mum - going to the toilet in peace and without commentary.
Thanks for the great laugh.
Someday, when you can "brush your teeth" in peace, you'll miss that hanger and part of Spiderman under the door... then again, maybe not! It's so wonderful and sanity saving, that you can laugh about it all!
ReplyDeletePeople tell me that someday I will miss the bathroom interruptions from my kiddies. I don't believe them! Who wants to parent when you have to poop? Seriously!! :)
ReplyDeleteI will enjoy my quiet bathroom time more now that I know there are others out there who can't. ;)
ReplyDeletehi, here from sits. hahaha, never a dull moment when us mom's are trying to "brush our teeth" in peace.
ReplyDeleteoh goodness! boys will definitely keep you on your toes. the sliding things under the door is too funny. they're crafty little ones. ha ha
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry but this is really funny. I am so glad to know I am not the only one who is not allowed to... um... brush my teeth... in private. lol
ReplyDeleteHappy SITS Day!
Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns
Oh wow. Something to look forward to. lol!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I can totally relate. First with my kids and now my Grands. My favorite is when the slide a book under the door and say "can you just read really loud so I can hear you out here?"
ReplyDeleteha!
Glad you kinda/sorta got your teeth brushed eventually.
*LOL* I love that you don't make a sound in the hopes they forget that you are in there. HAHAHAHAHA.
ReplyDeleteAlso "make me you FOOL". *LOL*
That story is a riot! It's sad how peeing in peace is such a luxury. Pity the fool. :-)
ReplyDeleteGood lord. it's not just animals. We haven't been able to go to the bathroom alone in 20 years. The cats consider it a perfect challenge if you deign to shut the door...
ReplyDeleteI don't have children, but my cats like to follow me into the bathroom whenever I go in.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your SITS day!
LOVE the Mr. T impression :)
ReplyDeleteI, too, have gift offerings given to me under the door. Is that just programmed into their DNA??