Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today .... Sat-er-day......... (Halloween Photos)




 What to do on a blistery cold Saturday?   We're having a heat wave!  It's 9 degrees at 10am!  YAY!  It might get up to double digits today!!!   The boys are having free days.  Nathan is watching cartoons, playing and coloring (as usual) ...  Noah is suppose to be cleaning his room but I have a feeling that he's not.  Calahan is on the computer (where else would he be?) but he has to take out the trash and pick up the kitchen floor for it to be swept yet.  Kaedyn is... well, being Kaedyn.  He's currently hanging on the edge of Daddy's desk watching Calahan play.  He's almost ready for his morning nap.   Both the babies have bad bad colds :(  They have crusty faces - so not nice.  Nathan looooooves to have his face washed, it's like a massage to him.  Kaedyn how ever acts like you are wiping his face with acid.  Kaedyn takes the cold meds like a champ though and Nathan puts up more of a struggle.... and when I say struggle ... I mean he gets it out of his mouth any way he can -which includes spitting it out which is always fun because of his cleft palate it comes out of his nose too.  However, to give the kid credit - he has been taking it very very well the last few days, and I have a feeling it's because he can't taste.  So we are always sure to express what a good boy he is when he takes it so well.  YAY Nate!!

So far......... today... I have had flying donut holes (they had a treat this morning for breakfast, not normal) ... a lamp that got pulled over and a very bewildered Kaedyn standing over it going "huh?" ...  dancing on Nathan's coloring book (by Kaedyn) who thought it was hilarious he was pissing Nathan off...  and later, when he did it again, Nathan just ignored him...  an entire cup of chocolate milk shaken out of a cup (Nathan can only drink out of soft tops thanks to his cleft palate so they are easy to dump) onto the kitchen floor... always the highlight of my day!  I thought he was hiding in his cupboard in the kitchen not spreading chocolate love!

And now, while the kids have their free day ...  I'm going to do my best with continuing to get my blog back to "normal" .. lol... I'm working on my blog list right now.  I'm going through all the blogs that I follow and post the ones that I read (I am more likely to read you if you read me and note me, LOL, I love to get notes just like anyone, and I leave them if I read your blog) ...  I'm also going through them all to grab everyone's buttons because I lost all that stuff when I re-did my blog layout the other day.  So I lost a bunch of blogs that I read because they were on my blog list and not on my follow list.  :: sigh ::  Oh well huh?  What can a girl do?  I hope I find them again though.   So I'm slowly but surely getting my blog back in order.  (YAY!  I am through the A's and onto the B's... and suddenly thinking, I have way to many people to follow! LOL, but I'm going through each one deleting ones that are no longer there, or haven't been written in - in over a year or whatever...etc... and collecting buttons)(1pm, I'm done with the B's - yay!  Onto the C's...  but I'm taking a break to make lunch for the family first!  This may take some time!  Like, DAYS! LOL)

Can I just say that anytime I take pictures Nathan has to come running to my side and help me? LOL... he looooooooooves to look at the LCD screen!   So when you see pictures of him grinning like a loon, well, mostly likely it's because he's looking at himself in the LCD screen flipped for him to see. 

And with that said, I will share some more photos from the past couple months.   From Halloween this time.....


Nathan and Kaedyn dressed up ... bet you can't guess what they are? LOL...  It took us awhile with Nathan for him to be able to put on his costume and be happy.  The first time we tried it to make sure it fit, he screamed and screamed,  so it hung on our closet door for a month or so - so that he could see it everyday.  Eventually, HE started to ask for it to be put on.   Kaedyn - well he just goes with the flow.  LOL..

Here is Calahan and Noah - Cal just wanted something scary because being 13, he just wanted to hand out candy this year, and Noah was a black Power Ranger ... 



 Nathan LOVED going up to each house trick-or-treating!  He walked our whole road almost by himself, and he got upset if Dad picked him up to quicken the pace (cuz it was very cold) ...  Noah always loves Trick or Treating and Kaedyn just wanted to dig into his basket! LOL


Our bowl of candy to hand out.  It was empty by the end of the night and Dennis had to run to get more.  We were giving out handfuls of candy though.  Cal did all the handing out until we got home from trick-or-treating and then it was Noah's turn, and Noah had help by Nathan which was really cute.




7 comments:

  1. Halloween at Christmas time..love it. The kids looked great.

    Nice to see you posting again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's real cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...
    Am following you now from MBC. Love the holiday designs on your blog, and I know how it is to have a household of boys. I have four of my own. Visit me at http://superheroesmom.com if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay warm. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy SITS Sharefest! Four Boys!? I can only imagine this has been a quiet day for you! You have a beautiful family and I will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog. So neat that your family has a similar tradition to ours. I miss getting a really gorgeous tree, but they're so expensive these days. So, we go for one we can afford and I'm always amazed at how much I still love it! Our little Ezra was the same Winnie the Pooh this year.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!