So I thought I was going to sleep last night. Nope. Nope. Not even close. Well I did manage to sleep until about 1am. 1am I got up to go use the bathroom, and I came back to this. This thing took over MY SPOT... in MY BED .... Why whywhywhy ....
I ended up sitting on the edge of the bed for - like - a half hour or so, instagraming ... playing catch up.
Soooo ...... after awhile, I asked Calahan to move him for me. And he did... to his bed. Oye.
THEN I though I was going to sleep and.... well... Nope. 2 AM and this one decided it's a FANTASTIC TIME TO GET UP! 2 AM. 2 AM!!!!! I knew I was in for a long night then.
Ya'll wanna get up? Might as well... 3 AM Party!! No? No takers?
5 years ago today, we landed in Washington State..... WOW .... we've been here for five years now. Seems like long, actually. Seems like forever. Only because this is exactly where we belong.
I knew I gamed some weight back. Boo!! Gotta lose that 15 lbs again.
"I'm like a real artist" says Kaedyn. He found one of the old papers that I drew on before drawing on Nathan's feed bag. This one was a cupcake and a dinosaur. He is coloring the cupcake one.
He said "Momma, you are a great artist too!" Awwwww I'm not, I'm really not. But he melted my heart in that moment.
This is Thor, Kale's cat. He is the most clumsy cat I've ever met. But these pics were too cute not to share.
So on Friday, during work, DB hurt his right hand. Through the weekend he's been complaining about how it hurts, it's swollen, he can't put pressure on it, he can't rotate it, he can't pinch his thumb this his fingers without pain.... so we ended up in Urgent Care today. I swear we waited an hour and a half just to get into a room. Doc came in, did some stuff... says he injured the muscles in his wrist area and thumb. Gave him a brace to wear. Told him no power tools for a bit! Life of construction work.
Of course Nathan crashed during the day. Marshmellow his ever loving companion....
Played with Kinsleigh a bit.
So I pulled out our newest contraption ... it happened to basically fall in our laps. The Universe works in mysterious ways. We put it out there that we need a push chair for the boys (Noah & Nathan) because of their (different) muscle issues. Noah cannot walk a lot without ending up in pretty severe pain. Nathan gets muscle fatigue something fierce .... his little muscles get worn out easy. This isn't a for use all the time type thing. More for when we are doing something big that involves a lot of walking.
I have to admit that this isn't exactly what we wanted, AND I still hope to maybe raise the money to get what we do want, but I'm so THANKFUL for this, and it will definitely be used!! We were hoping to get something more like a stroller looking thing, instead of advertising "hey I have medical issues" for the kids. Even though they live with this stuff, it doesn't make who they are. They are both amazing. Regardless, I'm planning on making a bag for the back of it. We're going to find out how much the umbrella cover type thing is .... and the seat belt doesn't exactly work for Nathan. Which is the only one who can use it. (Noah can't) ... the weight limit is 100 lbs, and Noah is almost there.
When Nathan woke up we showed him. He kept saying "I like it" Heehee.... he tried to push the wheels like a wheelchair.
Whoops!! DB left a pen in his chef jacket and it went through the wash. Aftermath. Whoops!!
Thankfully Nathan's streaking went away - but now he's got these strange little dots. Hummmmm
We started a SCIENCE PROJECT today for Homeschooling and I realized I really have to take more pictures. I need to start working in our Homeschool Blog more, and I need to pop over to My Unique Flowers and write there move often also. I'm going to start doing some posts on children with different disorders. I already have my first one! YAY!!
Anyway .... we started this SCIENCE PROJECT .... now.... funny enough - NO ONE IN MY HOUSE HAS DONE THIS BUT ME. For whatever reason, no one else has ever done the dye a Carnation thing before. Or celery (which we are doing next, and Noah's only concern was "can we still eat it.") ... Yep. So this is new for everyone in the house but me.
So I got a $5 bundle of white carnations. I explained the process to the kids. Talking about how flowers get nutrients and what they need to survive and grow. And I told them, that we were going to put them in colored water and what did they think would happen? Well they said they would turn colors because flowers "drink out of their stems" ....
So we began.... cut the flowers down to sizes that wouldn't tip over the cups. (so about the length of the cup) Then we all decided on the colors.
We did Purple, reg. Green, Raspberry (pinkish), reg yellow .... (2nd pic) yellow again, reg red, reg blue, teal, lime greenish, and (not pictured but next to the lime green) ... orange....
This was the result after about a half hour. Some of them are already changing colors. Everyone expected them to not change until the next day. Guess some of those flowers were thirsty ...
This is about 1 hour in. At this point we noticed that two of them weren't even changing at all.
A little bit closer photo of each of the flowers at 1 hour in.
All of them at 1 hour in. We number them (top picture) 1 (purple) 2 (green) 3 (raspberry) 4 (yellow) 5 (red) ... (bottom picture, 4 and 5 are in there) .. 6 (blue) 7 (teal) 8 (lime green) 9 (orange)
Things that were noticed, the purple one is separating colors! The raspberry and yellow ones are not sucking up any color. So we decided to re-cut them at a better angel and see what would happen.
About 2 hours in...... The purple one that is separating colors is in the middle.
All of them at 2 hour in. We number them (top picture) 1 (purple) 2 (green) 3 (raspberry) 4 (yellow) 5 (red) ... 6 (blue) (bottom picture, 4, 5 and 6 are in there again) 7 (teal) 8 (lime green) 9 (orange)
Things that were noticed, the purple one is separating colors! The raspberry and yellow ones that were not sucking up any color. So we decided to re-cut them at a better angel and see what would happen at 1 hour. The yellow one has started to pull up some color, and so we added more food coloring to the raspberry one.
This one is at 9pm - before the kids went to be.
At 9 PM. We number them (top picture) 1 (purple) 2 (green) 3 (raspberry) 4 (yellow) (bottom picture) 5 (red) ... 6 (blue) 7 (teal) 8 (lime green) 9 (orange)
Things that were noticed, the purple one is separating colors! The raspberry and yellow ones that were not sucking up any color. So we decided to re-cut them at a better angel and see what would happen at 1 hour. The yellow one has started to pull up some color, and so we added more food coloring to the raspberry one at 2 hours. Now we are seeing the raspberry one pull up a little bit of color, but still not much. Also notice the blue one is not pulling up the color like the other ones.
Stay tuned for what happens tomorrow :)






























No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!