Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Thoughts ......


I’m sorry – I have been busy around the house. So here are some RANDOM THOUGHTS!!


  • Kaedyn is belly crawling … don’t believe me – watch!



  • Kaedyn cut his first two teeth on Mother’s Day!!

  • He started belly crawling, got his first two teeth, and started sitting with in a matter of days, and now he is getting up on his knees!!! WHAT IS THIS?? Warp speed milestones!?!?!? I don’t know if I can take it.

  • We’re having a thrift sale on Saturday, I’ve been pricing all the newborn baby stuff and all that… I just want to cry, saying goodbye to that time of not only their lives, but mine also. I hope someone else makes memories with all this stuff, very good memories.

  • I’m also going get rid of the stuff in my “Wishful Thinking” box. What is that you might ask? My dream box of all the stuff I’ve been hording since pregnant with Calahan – all my little girl stuff, for “someday” when I have one. Now I won’t of course, unless we adopt which seems like delusional thinking at this point. I wish we could… I wish we would be able to try again for that little girl… but those days are all over for us. We’re done. It’s the death of the dream, and me coming to terms.

  • But good news, or… not so good news … the curse continues… My girlfriend Cathy, she’s like a sister to me in a lot of ways, she had her baby last night. #3! They were *hoping* for a girl!! And they got…………. A boy! LOL. He is currently nameless (girl would have been at this point too) but he is HEALTHY and she assures me he’s absolutely beautiful. He has fuzzy dark hair. Heehee.. Their first has red hair, their second has blond hair…. And since they are both dark brown hair and brown eyes, they are hoping that the dark hair sticks and that he actually looks like them. Apparently the woman across the hall was having #3 too but they had all girls… and they got girl #3… lol.. they were hoping for a boy. So, they considered asking them to switch, but thought better of it. I’m looking forward to finding out the name. And I’m proud of her for giving birth to an almost 9lb baby!! Oh yeah, she said that he had the cord around his neck too, but it was okay – the DR just had to unwind him. LOL.

  • Mother’s Day was good – I did a lot of blog land stuff. Now I’m all behind again cuz I haven’t had the chance to really read or ANYTHING since. GAH!! Honestly Kayleigh’s death threw me for a loop, I realize that some people may not understand that, but you invest in reading about other lives, you get caught up emotionally with them, especially those you can relate to. I could relate. I’ve had two babies in the NICU, and as any preemie/NICU mom can attest to, you feel a certain bond with fellow moms who have been through that. I wanted nothing more then for Aimee and Adam to take Kayleigh home. My thoughts are still with them.


  • I’m going to do my vlogemotion yet … yes, I’m going to do it… I wasn’t going to. But it will truly be an emotional one!! (see below cuz I’m posting that first) Better to push it down cuz – I don’t wanna see me – why would anyone else? LOL… but thank you for all my notes of encouragement last week…

  • I got a couple more awards!! THANKS!! I’ll pick up and show off tomorrow!!!

  • I’m gonna go sit down and have a date night with my husband because he finished another semester today – YAY – got A’s – DOUBLE YAY!! And so we’re celebrating with an at home date night (thanks to being broke!) Oh oh oh and he's been smoke free for ALMOST a week!!!!!!!!!! BIG TIME YAY!!!



10 comments:

  1. Awwww! Thanks for the love, Annissa! I emailed you back. Kaedyn is doing the same thing Luke did a few weeks back, teeth and crawling all at the same time. It is so bittersweet! Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being a follower of my blog! You have a beautiful family! It's so great to "meet" you! Have a great date night with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I have your button posted on my blog. If you'd like to exchange, you can pick up my button on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add one more to your list. :)

    Congrats! I am passing on to you the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by my blog and pick up your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy and Kaedyn is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    You blog looks great! I love the random thoughts! It reminds me of myself sometimes, I have too many thoughts with no time to write them all down!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was reading about Tator and he sounds just like my little lucy. She started walking around 20 months and doesn't say very many words. But she is sharp as a tack! We use signing with her and she loves it. Oh, and random, but I have family in WI. I live in NC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get what you mean about letting go of a dream.

    I have 1/3 of my basement filled with Sears french provincial bedroom furniture (with the canopy bed!) and an extensive Barbie collection, in case we ever had a daughter. Just not going to happen.

    ::sniff sniff::

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annissa,
    Thanks for the award. I have already received it from Mean Mommy University. Can you receive it more than once?? I'm still trying to send out my 15!
    Best wishes,
    DeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the love! And yes, he is absolutely beautiful (but I may be a wee bit biased! lol) I may have hoped for a girl, but I am utterly and totally in love with this little boy.

    Love ya girl! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!