This Weeks WRITERS WORKSHOP brought to us by the lovely Mama Kat at Mama's Losing It (if you join in the fun be sure to go sign her Mr. Linky!!)
The Prompts:
1.) Share a love letter.
2.) Memorial Day Weekend plans?? Do share!
3.) List ten things you are currently sick of.
(inspired by Jenny)
4.) Put an outfit together using pictures you found online and show us what you'd LIKE to be wearing today.
(inspired by Lace)
5.) What have you been too busy to pay attention to?
(inspired by Chris)
Welcome to my Writers Workshop ... well since I don't have any love letters to share (sob!) ... and we don't have any plans for Memorial Day ... and I'm most comfortable in a t-shirt & jeans, or my PJ's... and frankly I'm to busy to pay attention to ANYTHING... I guess... we'll go with the top 10!
Ten things I am sick of:
1-Lack of sleep… it’s kicking my butt. Either I’m up with Nathan until all hours of the early morning because he refuses to go to sleep… or I’m up with the hubby cuz he would rather play a game for awhile so he can de-stress (can I?) … or I’m up early with the baby and/or Nathan waking up before the butt crack of dawn because he fell out of bed and can’t sleep and/or I wake up at 5am when my husband leaves and can’t go back to sleep, just for an hour until the kids get up…. Let’s face it, Me + Sleep = Wishful Thinking….. And my body hates me for it…
2-To-Do-List …. I have a mental to-do-list and it NEVER gets done! Even when I managed to get stuff checked off with a proud mental big red capital “DONE!” next to it, it seems like my list gets longer? OH YEAH… I gotta do this and that and oh this other thing…. Damn it all…
3-My Self Cleaning House …. Oh wait, IT’S NOT … THAT is the PROBLEM! Seriously – if someone could figure out where the house elves or the laundry fairies exists, I would SO MOVE THERE! I have 4 tornadoes and two measly little hands… seriously – this is fair how??? I can NOT keep up. I can’t do it. Why fight it?
4-Gas Prices … are you kidding me??? Like you aren’t greedy enough, now you are raising it again JUST BECAUSE IT IS SUMMER??? Why do gas prices go up right before a big holiday?? Because they are greedy little bastards, that’s why!! What about the people who are struggling cuz they have a house full of kids and no job because of the stupid economy the gas companies HELPED F-Up and so Daddy goes back to school to follow his dream in hopes that the lives of those he loves will change for the better when he can work with his passion and the only income coming in is meager! Nah, they don’t think of THOSE people… everyone is an f-ing billionaire!!
5-Retail Therapy – oooooooooooh how I miss you…. I admit I get jealous when you spend such wonderful quality time with other people… can’t $100 just magically fall into my lap for me to spend wildly on MYSELF??? (gasp!) … yeah I know, it would never happen. Why? Because I would first spend it on stuff we need and THEN spend it on the kids… Retail Therapy – YOU SUCK!!
6-My Bathroom …. I mean, is it really that hard to FLUSH A TOILET??? Or to much to ask for while you stand there in your half awakedness that you AIM YOUR BODY PART INTO THE TOILET???? Instead of letting it fly in the wind and tag everything around, or dare I say anyone who happens to be in there trying to get ready while you are letting said body part have it’s freedom??? Seriously, this is what hangs in my bathroom, on the wall behind the toilet, so when those tri-pod people are standing at the throne of wonder, starring at the wall… this is what they see… (yes I went in my bathroom and took a picture of it!)
Do you THINK they take the hint??? Um… that’s right… NO!
7-Time…….. where is it??? Seriously – who broke my clock??? There is never enough time in a day – can we just extend them? Stop time? Rewind it? Can I just have an hour or two of piece and quite to get stuff done without being interrupted, pulled on, asked something, demanded to get something, change a diaper, make a bottle, clean up a mess, pick someone up, put someone down, make lunch, make dinner, what do you mean we forgot breakfast?, get the kids up – oh CRAP – I gotta get Noah up …. Get ‘em off to school, feed the fish, do the dishes, give meds, give cuddles, cuddle for nap, what do you mean I fell asleep? I don’t do that… get some milk, get some juice, what smells? Change diapers again…. What is blogging again? It’s been so long… I'm happy if I can go to the smelly bathroom by myself without banging on the door or a toddler playing in the cupboard under the sink!
8-Writers Block …. When I do find time to write….. I draw a blank… Okay – which book do I want to work on, I only have about 4 started??? Who do I kill off? Who do I save? Who gets pregnant, divorced, married, an affair – ah no… murder? Death by blender… I crack myself laughing, I write till I’m in tears…. But most of my writing happens when the kids are asleep because I can think about other things then what is in #7, and then see #1!
9-Pollen … Reproduction, reproduction! Reproduction, reproduction! Reproduction, reproduction! Reproduction! Where does the pollen go? For those of you born under a rock, that is from Grease 2 … what do you mean you didn’t know there was a Grease 2!? Go to Blockbuster already. Geez… so I’m allergic to … well, everything? Soaps, 90% of Fruits (Apples being my anaphylactic shock) … animals, dust, molds, pretty much anything that grows… can I be allergic to my children? Just for a day? No? Fine! Gah! … So you’ve seen the picture a few entries below of my van windshield, right? If not, scroll down… ya know.. you can do it… anyway – the pollen here is in over drive and SNEEZEY would be my name, and runny red noses is my game! Seriously – I feel like my head is going to pop off my ever loving neck when I sneeze, that my head is going to implode… yeah… it’s fun!! Good fun! Allergy meds make you tired, or the stuff that works is expensive… where is that damn money tree? So yeah, I hate Pollen! Unless it’s making a pretty flower… then MAYBE I can deal. But see… Pollen LITERALLY makes me sick!
10-My Messy Desk!! … seriously!! I like having my space and this …
………. Where is the space??? My desk is a "catch all" for mail, school papers, my stuff, my writing, snacks... ::sigh:: Now I must fix it… ignore the life around me and just clean my desk before I pull out my hair!
Whew! I have space again!! YAY!!! Now to get my mail done I have to get done today …. Nathan’s Autism Papers & the medical stuff I have to get out…
And get my Homeschooling Binder going….
……. And vacuum, pick up the living room….
…………… go to the library, YMCA, get
................................... find a money tree...
Oh my, we are sick of some of the same things! Not enough time, sleep, money, GAS PRICES! *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI could have written this list.
ReplyDeleteI hate that I have writer's block and the gas prices are ticking me off!
Girlie! You need a break!
ReplyDeleteAnnissa - I'm passing on a blog award. You can pick it up at http://knutsonupdateonline.blogspot.com/2009/05/blogging-award.html.
ReplyDeleteThis list rocks!
ReplyDelete