What is your definition of family?
Is FAMILY only the people you are blood related to?
Well, what about adoption then?
So maybe those you are blood related to, related to through adoption or marriage?
What happens if you are closer to your best friend than you are your own sister? What if that best friend is more like a sister to you?
Does that make them family?
People say that - when you hit hard times - it's the people that stick around you who are your true family.
That is true. It's funny how many people disappear or become unreachable. It's funny how people get "sick" of hearing about stuff going on in your life because it's the same ol' same ol' crap. It's funny how people sit on their high horse and judge when they should be beside you supporting.
It's the ones who stand beside you, and those who catch you when you fall.... that matter.
It's also those who know you the best, who you love the most, that can hurt you beyond words.
My family are those I am blood related to, the man I married, my best friends who are like sisters (or brothers) to me. Those who have stood beside me through all the chaos and crazy .... cuz they are the ones I know I can count on, and they can count on me.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!