So DB and I have been working on our relationship. And I have seen a few of these, but I thought it would be good to put one together myself. It's not just set up for us, it's set up so everyone can do it :) And it doesn't matter the year. But if you are going to do it - please leave a note - I'd love to read your answers ....
But I'll warn you now, DB is a man of ...... so.... many ... words.....
DAY 2
When did you realize they were "the one?"
DB: Two minutes into seeing THIS picture ....
Nissa: He tells me that he knew pretty instantly. Mr. I have vowed off ever getting married again, got sucked in and knew he wanted to be with me forever when he saw the above picture.
I was not as quick, I suppose. But it wasn't long. At this point in my life, I had two kids I had to worry about. I vowed that I wasn't going to get them involved in another relationship like I had just months prior, only to feel like someone was going to stick around and not be there. Wasn't fair to them. So I had decided that I wouldn't drag them into it until after we were pretty sure of marriage or long term, something. 2: I wanted to take things slow. Like, painfully, dramatically, slow. I didn't feel like it was fair to burden anyone with us - I had an autoimmune disorder, plus one kid with anger issues and ADHD ... and another with an extremely rare genetic disorder that I had been told could die basically any time. He's like a living ticking time bomb just waiting to go off. I don't really put too much stock into that anymore - but that's what it was at the time. Noah was only 4.... 3: I didn't want to give out my phone number to just anyone, I'd have to talk to them for awhile before I did that.
But with Dennis, it wasn't the silly - awkward - initial conversations. It was like I had known him my whole life. And that was a new feeling. I had never felt like that with anyone.
We talked as much as we could for days, and weeks. Around the clock. It started out getting to know each other, and I told him I would be 100% honest with him because I wasn't going to hold back and invest myself and time into it when if something wasn't going to jive, things could just be cut off right away.
So I told him everything he wanted to know. Told him about my ex, about his case, about my kids, about our health about everything. Told him about my dreams and my wants and I listened (or read) everything he said. He begged for my number with in the first day and I kept telling him no but he was so freaking persistent that I gave in, and I'm glad I did.
With in just a few hours of talking to him, he knew, I knew, this wasn't going to just be a friendship. We started talking 3 days before his birthday. By the time his birthday rolled around, we both knew we were on the road to getting married. I kept saying the "slow button broke" and I went over that edge.
I would see this on web cam and think .... WOW........ what does this guy see in me?
And he didn't meet the kids until we after we were planning our wedding, but funny thing is .... It was only 3 months after we met ..... damn slow button....
But I can attest to the fact that as long as you are honest, you can get years worth of "dating" conversations in a short time when you are online and talking a lot.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!