Today was a lazy hazy rainzy Sundayz ... so much so that you can't see out the bedroom window.
Today is the first "Day 3" of this crappy "Clear Liquid" diet shit .... to "give my gut a rest" for this effing Pancreatitis. Pain hasn't gotten much better though. But I have to eat something, so I totally cheated at about 10pm. I'm sorry - I just couldn't take it anymore. It was pretty much a full three days. I didn't get out of bed much, not much energy. So between sleeping and watching the kids do ........ nothing.... I read.
Nathan is laughing - I LOVE getting pictures of him laughing. Kaedyn was playing a lot today with his Shopkins and whatever was floating his boat. Nathan just basically lost his little Autistic self into YouTube for most of the day. When his tablet was out of battery he took over my laptop, and that happened pretty early in the day. So I just read and read and read.
Do you see this shit??? He's eating TOAST .... TOAST right by me! I get Jello .... and when I get Jello the boys are on me like .... "HEY, I want some" ... ::: slaps head ::: and no matter how much I say "It's all Mommy gets to eat" they don't care the little bottom-less-pit-monsters ...
Kaedyn was telling me stories all day
And then THIS happened....... ANOTHER trip to the ER. Only this time, NOT FOR ME!!! No, there was ham cooking all day long. All day the house is smelling like ham and I have......... Jello. Let me tell you how NOT FILLING Jello is when you smell HAM all day. Ugh....
So a couple years ago my Mom got a new mandolin and she was using it one night, without the guard, and cut her finger really bad. Yep. DB gave her soooooo much crap for that. SO MUCH. "Mom don't you know what a guard is for?" Yeah.
So last night, do you know what he does? He uses the mandolin without the guard and what happens???
Well I'll spare you the gorey photos. Trust me, they are bloody.
Short story shorter, he gutted his thumb on it. Took off a bunch of skin on the side of his thumb down to the nerves. He ran upstairs to get his jacket and says "You're Mom is taking me" and rushes out. Yeah, cuz I would have told him to suck it up and use paper towel and duct tape. Well, maybe I would have been nicer and let him use Nathan's gauze and medical tape, but still ... he told me he chopped off the tip of his finger, wasn't even close. It was the side and he didn't need any stitches.
He messaged me this pic saying "I lost my thumb!"
And this one.... perpetual thumbs up! He likes EVERYTHING! (including the pain!)
And then - this happened..... convo between my Mom and Me.... Mom is in the ER with DB and I'm at home.... (Keya btw is my "brother" Mom's dog that died earlier this year, he's buried in the yard) ...
So I started the next book today ... THE LIAR by Nora Roberts. Started in Goodreads on the 6th cuz that's when I finished the last one, but I really started it this morning. I read TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY EIGHT PAGES!!! Yes, 268 pages in one day. That's a pretty good record for me who can't seem to read a book in 2 months! LOL... At least a record for recently. I've read books in one day before, but that was more of the smaller young adult variety prior to children - which ... yeah... the oldest is 21 now. It's been a LONG time.
Wanna take bets when I'll finish this one? Yes it's good, everything she writes is good.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!