Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Ode to Castle

Anyone who is in my circle, knows......  I love Castle.   (I love castles, but I love Castle, too.)

So when I heard there was not going to be a new season of Castle this past fall tv line up, I cried.  It was like some of my favorite shows were axed.... someone in some office somewhere, was like "Oh hey, you know that girl Annissa....  we need to make her cry a lot.  I KNOW! We'll axe Rizzoli and Isles, and Castle... oh how about CSI Las Vegas and CSI Cyber..... and we'll make next year the last year for Bones!"  Yeah.  Asshole.   I mean - to make it up, they gave me a little bit of X-Files and a little bit of Gilmore Girls too.  But still ....

So ...... also if you know me, you know I have a hard time saying goodbye to some of my favorite characters on TV and in books.  So .... it took me forever to pick up the last book of Harry Potter (but I had to read it before I saw the movie so I could get pissed.) ... I still haven't watched the last - oh - the last ten episodes of Parenthood.... cuz..  yeah.  I also still haven't watched the last episode (6th) of the reboot of Xfiles.  I've gone to watch it a few times, but it's something I watch with my hubby and he wasn't with me.  To be fair.  I binged Gilmore Girls all on the same day.   There was no waiting on that one - I was like, I'm watching, NOW!

Castle and I have a relationship though.  I mean, I binge watch TV while I'm writing.  So I have my word program up on half my screen and playing some show on the other half of my screen (Yes, I realize I just need to have duel screens.)  This all started with Castle.  (Well not really, before that it was movies, but still.)  Regardless Castle is special.

So I bit the bullet today and I finished it today.

(crying)

Clearly they were preparing for next season with the "cliffhanger" and then threw in the last minute of the show as an "end" for the fans.  Because - there would have been such a horrible up-roar about leaving it at the cliffhanger - fans would have rioted ...  but the last minute really seemed to ... um.... well.... it was a bit out of place and awkward.  I mean - yeah, I'm not going to say anymore.  I know some don't get a chance to watch it when it airs and ... so I'll just leave it there.

(crying) ...   I mean I was sobbing, throwing my hands around, before that last minute aired.... I mean I was going to be full on temper tantrum.  And then I was just confused with tears streaming down my face...  ha ha ha ...

So ...... we're having a bit of an Ode to Castle......








DB and I went through a very rough patch a few years back and when we truly came back together solid, I used the vows that Kate and Richard said on their wedding episode ....


The moment I met you, my life became extraordinary.  You taught me to be my best self.  To look forward to tomorrows adventures.  And when I was vulnerable, you were strong.  I love you.  And I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace.  I promise you I will love you, I will be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life, always.

The moment we met, my life became extraordinary.  You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart.  You are the last person I want to see when I close my eyes.  I love you.  And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring.  I promise to love you, to be your friend, and your partner in crime, and life.  Til death do us part and for the time of our lives.

**********************************************

The moment I met you, my life became extraordinary.  You taught me to be my best self.  To look forward to tomorrows adventures.  And when I was vulnerable, you were my rock.  When you were falling, I would try to catch you, to be there – love you – and let you be exposed.  I love you.  You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart.  You are the last person I want to see when I close my eyes.  And I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace.  The mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring.  I promise to love you, to be your friend, and your partner in crime, and life.  Til death do us part and for the time of our lives.  Always.



And I have to say that I the last word there ...... Always, also a very important Harry Potter reference.....  

It was the last word of the show, times two .....  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!