Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Today's Theme: They All Fall Down


Nate ended up staying home one more day.  With him throwing up late last night just after midnight - and the fever running most of yesterday - according to the "school rules" he was to be kept home, so I kept him home.

Today, I got on Facebook and I'm looking at Facebook Messenger up and I'm thinking "Wow, that looks an awful lot like it does on my phone now."   So seems like FBM has caught up with the cell phone world, complete with colored background text, and "nicknames" so I changed the nicknames on Cal's message.   Mine to "The BEST Mommy in the World" and Calahan's to "Joey Monkeypants" ...    Cal didn't like that,  So he changed it to "Cal Joe" LOLOLOL... but I'm still "The BEST Mommy in the World."


I don't often get to share photos that DB has taken (cuz I take FAR superior photos!! LOL) But this one is pretty amazing!  He has more that he took but he hasn't sent them to me yet.  He will though, I will play with them, and share the amazing amazingness that are these pictures he took. 

I love these moments where the boys are quiet (because that does NOT happy very often!) ... especially this one.  Whenever this one is still and silent, it's like angels singing from heaven ...  

The weather from the view from my bedroom window ....

These two .... they have had this amazing relationship since I was pregnant with Kaedyn.  Of course it hasn't always been a total love affair.  They fight like crazy too.   But they have always acted like twins.
But Nathan picked out Kaedyn's name when I was pregnant with him.  "Caden" was on our short list. I knew it wasn't going to be spelled that way if it was what we picked.  But one day Nathan was on my lap and I was looking through the baby name book, and I was flipping through the pages fast, told Nathan to pick out his brother's name.  So he put his hand down, and his finger was pointing to Caden.  I thought, well - holy hell.  Looked up at DB and said "He picked out Caden."  and so it begun!


After Kaedyn was born, Nathan just didn't know what to do with that screaming thing that taking all of Mommy's time and attention.  And it only took 3 to 5 months for him to catch up in size to Nathan.  It's hard to tell who would win from these photos, but I think Kaedyn did ...



But there were good times too ....



Regardless, thanks to Nathan's lack of being able to communicate, he and Kaedyn had their own language, much like that you hear of twins having.  They looked like twins, acted like twins, and continue to sometimes.  But they are each other's best friends.

Nathan's throat is hurting a bit so popsicles was his food of choice today.



I read this article about how some children (offspring) forget their parents are on social media... and these three were ones that literally made me laugh out loud.




My mom has started to make Angel Gowns out of donated wedding dresses. These are gowns for baby's that have lost their fight and/or born with their wings.

For those that don't know, pregnancy loss/stillbirth is something that has touched my life, the lives of my family and friends. I have had 16 miscarriages. I went through my pregnancy with Noah being told that he would not live, period. Recently my best friend lost her angel born son at 31 weeks. My mom lost a brother when he was 2 days old. So it's something we are touched by, greatly.

At some point I want to get involved with Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep and volunteer to go in and take photos of families on the worst days of their lives. Because, that is their baby.



These are two of the example gowns mom was sent.  The wedding dresses for these had lace, but the one mom is working on now, didn't have lace.  So she hasn't been able to play with lace, but I am excited to see what she does when she is working on one with lace.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!