Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Back to School Day


Today .... thank the LORD ....... is back to school day.

I love my kids.  I do.  I love them, I would take a bullet for them, I would step in front of a train for them ... if needed.  But today I could have kissed every single school personnel there was.  That would have been awkward and like Kaedyn told me after school today, "Kissing is not allowed in school" ....

.... got it kiddo.  Got it.

I'll be sure to smack big all kisses all over him on Thursday when I drop him off at school.  Ha!

Today, I said goodbye and kicked them out the door, into the van, dropped the big boys off at school (DB & Cal) and took the little ones to school with only seconds to spare.

I asked to get a school pass so I could go talk to Nathan's Inclusion Room Teacher, because Nathan came to school with his much missed alternative communication device. I wanted to show her he had it, and give her a mini crash course on how to use it.

However, at the front desk, I got a little bit of an attitude.  "Is she expecting you?"  I look up, it's not one of the normal ladies, I suspect it is the new Principal.... (yep it is) ... she's telling me "next time come early to talk to her."  I am so sorry I had to get everyone out the door, drop people off and then rush here and my morning wasn't wrapped up in a bow neat and tidy.  ::: sigh :::

So she handed me the "hallpass" and I walked Nathan there, Kaedyn is having a hard time with separation, kept hugging me and wanting kisses (but they are inappropriate!) and more hugs... yeah.  Finally got him to go to class.  Took Nathan into his Inclusion Room and started talking to his teacher.  Told her about his Talker (Alternative Communication Device) and gave her the crash course.  Then I left.

I went and sat at the college, waiting until Cal and DB were done, read my book.  Cal came and sat with me after his 1st class, his 2nd class was canceled for the day.

And like any normal mom on the first day back from an extra long Christmas vacation... I went home and I had a nice... long ... nap, until the kids got home from school.

Don't judge me.  LOL.  I've been sick, ended up in the ER twice just before New Years, once for a cyst and Pancreatitis.  The next night I fell down the stairs and hurt my foot pretty bad.  It *feels* like I broke my big toe, at the very least I have tore tendons & ligaments.  Been dealing with a lot of pain ... have to ice my foot almost all day (it feels like).  Plus the Pancreatitis isn't fun.  Luckily it's been caught relatively early.

It's not easy avoiding your big toe when you walk!   Oh and they gave me a "boot" to wear when I'm out and about.  I can't... the strap hits my toe in the spot it feels like it's broken ... and every step I take, I want to scream.

So I took the time to rest.  Between all the new pain, and my general normal pain from dealing with the Fibro/CFS everyday, I just am so worn out.

The boys got home and I was *hoping* that they would be tired and rather still little beasts, but no.... ooooooooh no no no ....  no, they are wild with energy and I am very much NOT.

It was a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!