Anyway, it was a pretty cute movie.
Jaxson today .... LOL....
It's about right. Ely Mae wouldn't attack a stranger coming in the house, she doesn't get up for much of anything. LOL. Jaxson might bark at you and attack you trying to kiss your face, but I can't see him really attacking strangers either. However, both of them can hear the refrigerator open from anywhere in the house, and then they are magically at your feet ready to suffer the job of eating any crumbs or bits that fall... it doesn't help we all give into them. LOL
And then there was poor Alyvia ....
We got Marshmellow and Alyvia new collars at the beginning of the month. We were at the pet store trying to find something that Kinsleigh would eat. (Her Mom would only eat food made with rabbit.) But she's refusing pretty much everything we've tried. ANYWAY ... so I had picked up new collars for Marshmellow (due to his getting outside and going missing for 2 weeks) and Alyvia's last collar got caught in her mouth after I loosened it up a little bit and that was not a good situation. Regardless, I basically cut it off of her... and so we got her a new one. Well, Mellow scratched and scratched at his collar and it got all tore up. (as you can see) ... so I found it out in the hall, on the floor, late last night or early this morning when I had gotten up to use the bathroom. So I picked it up, and of course since there is a bell on it, Livvy got all excited and she played with it after I brought it back in the room. Well Cal found it this morning... and was going "What is this?" ... and so I was telling him it was Mellow's collar - LOL... and I stuck it on Livvy's head and she was just like... "Stupid human" ... "I am not amused" ....
And then the inevitable happened.... (sigh) ...
So, a couple days back, Kaedyn got really sick. He came home from school on Friday and around 7pm he started to throw up. DB kinda tried to brush it off and was trying to tell Kaed that he probably would only throw up once and it'll be done. I got mad, because I really don't like it when people make the kids "empty promises" when they don't know what will happen. So he and I got into a bit of an argument over it. He was just trying to be positive and I was stuck in my realistic brain. Anyway, Kaedyn was at the end of our bed talking to me and all of a sudden he erupted all over our bed and floor. So had to get him cleaned up, change our whole bedding, laundry - the whole thing, plus getting Kaedyn cleaned up and everything else.
At first, it seemed like it just came on super quick, like he had no idea he was going to throw up. (I actually think it was like that, he was talking one minute and then sick as a dog the next.) At first I was really scared it was the flu. It's been going around here - in our county - and I'm terrified of it hitting our house by someone bringing it home. Nathan has been hospital-stay-free now for over 18 months and I would really really really like to keep it that way. So I expressed on FB how I was afraid it was the flu. How 5 people have died in the county already... (they were all 60 and older, but it doesn't matter - it's hardest on elderly, the kids and people with compromised immune systems which - in this house - is Nathan, Noah, & I ... and DB is joining that group a bit too.)
... so I was just expressing my worry. Thinking maybe because there complaints about runny noses, sore throats, some body aches, (Cal, Kaedyn, & Nathan - that's DB and I all the time with the Fibro) that it could be the flu (like actual influenza) ... so I was talking about the 5 deaths, and how the flu shot didn't seem to have covered the strain that was floating around our county because 4 of the 5 who died had gotten the flu shot.
Of course this turns into friends trying to educate me on what the flu really is. It's not a vomiting thing, it's a respiratory thing. (Did I talk about this in my blog a few days ago? Probably, I don't remember.) ... which I already know. But I also know that my kids have weak stomachs when it comes to nausea and vomiting. They will throw up from post nasal drip sometimes. To which I had to explain that I knew all that already, and I also know that when Noah had the flu in 2011 (he was hospitalized for monitoring overnight, taken by ambulance to Seattle Children's where his kidney doctor was) ... well he was throwing up, couldn't keep anything down, had a fever, and was spilling a lot of blood in his urine (meaning we knew his kidneys were not handling it well.) ... they, on the off chance, did the nasal swab to test for influenza on our way out the door into the ambulance ... on our ride over there, we found out that he did, infact, have Influenza A. So you can't tell me that vomiting is not a symptom of Influenza with my kids. This time of year, any symptoms for Influenza, including vomiting because I will always associate it with it, I panic. That's all...
The EMT got the call he tested positive for Influenza and he was just like "fucking great, thanks for telling me" and we all got masks. π·π·π· LOLOLOL.... I mean he didn't say it, but I could tell that's what he was thinking.
So Bubba laid down and we gave him a bucket. He was throwing up every 20 minutes, at first, so I started to keep track of how long it was between rounds of vomiting. He was throwing up between every 20 minutes 40 minutes (most of the time) and then the last time was an hour in-between. But after 7 hours of vomiting, he just stopped. (I didn't go into detail in my blog when he was sick.) ... I figured with the record of it all - it would be helpful if we had to take him into the ER. I did state on my FB that I know what the "flu" is and with him throwing up as often as he was, I thought it was more of a gastrointestinal thing.
So I figured it was hitting Nathan when he spent a lot of this morning crying over the fact that his belly was hurting really bad. And sure enough around 1:30 in the after he started the roller coaster of vomiting ... at first it was 45 minutes, I gave him a 1/2 of a nausea pill hoping it would help him. It didn't, then 25 and 35 minutes... and after he threw up those four times, it was (shortest) 13 minutes to 25 minutes between him having episodes where he was vomiting. It got more frequent.
Because it was more frequent then with Kaedyn, and because he has a G-Tube and I have the option of doing so, around 5:40pm, I started a slow drip of Pedialyte and he started to throw that up just about as fast as it was going in. I put some meds together for him, his nightly meds, but I wanted to wait until his vomiting slowed down.
He was trying hard to sleep between rounds of throwing up but he was only getting about ten minutes if he was lucky ... but I kept track just in case it got to the point where HE needed to go into the ER. He started drinking ice water around 7pm in addition to him getting the drip through his G-Tube. And he ended up, basically, hugging his ice water bottle all night because he felt hot too.
But if he followed Kaedyn's timeline, he'd be throwing up about 7 hours and after that he'd start to run a fever for about 12 to 24 hours. I was hoping beyond hope that could be the case. Which meant the vomiting would come to an end around 8:30pm.
So from 1:30pm to about 3:20pm he was vomiting every 25 to 45 minutes. From 3:35pm to 5:02pm he was throwing up every 20 to 25 minutes. From 5:15pm to 8:30 it was every 13 to 25 minutes. After he threw up the last time (around 8:30pm) I gave him his nightly important meds, a full nausea pill, and ibuprofen. I'm not sure if he stopped throwing up because of the nausea pill or because the 7 hours was up at that point. Regardless of why, I am just happy it stopped.
After he went past 15 minutes with no vomiting, and then 25 minutes, I figured it might be safe to pick up my laptop ... so I did. I opened it up ... and I saw .... this....
Oooooooooh dear.
My lil Autistic Wonder loves watching "Top 10" videos. Some of them are funny, some are scary, some I yell at him to change... LOL...
.... but this isn't what I expected to see when I opened up my laptop! LOL ...
DB and I finally watched the Christmas Doctor Who special ... DB said something while we were watching it, how he wished that a lot of the 12th Doctor's stuff was more light hearted and funny like this episode was. He said, most of his reign has been dark and serious. This was a good episode though π
And just a funny story to end on. So while Nathan was dealing with the sick, Kaedyn was downstairs on Daddy's computer. He comes upstairs and bounds and bounces across the room and he has no pants on. So we realize that he has no pants on, but as I'm watching him, I see a couple of bare butt cheeks and I realize that not only does he have no pants on, but he has no undies on either?!?!?! I am broken and useless because I'm laughing so hard. Cal is talking about having to Lysol the chair downstairs, etc and so on. He had on a long sleeved shirt and was basically a nudist from the waist down.
Clearly we named him correctly, because Papa likes running around with no underwear too! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ....












No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!